Still getting email notifications after setting "Content I follow" to no emails

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I changed my notifications from " notify" to "don't notify" over the last couple of days, as I was unable to access my mail due to not having a device available, and I didn't want to come back to lots of mail.

Although I did this, when I got access again and looked at my mail, there were update emails in my in box. 

I checked the status of notifications and they were still all marked " no emails". 

So am I doing something wrong?

Rob

I've just checked your settings Rob and a lot are checked for receiving emails such as posts in followed topics and when someone quotes you etc. (Unless you've enabled them again since getting back).

Each category of notification needs to be unchecked to stop them coming through. I don't bother with email notifications (as there'd be so many) and just rely on the inline notifications.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the swift reply.

Here's a screen grab I just made with all but one set to "no notifications". 

post-7197-0-11952900-1442165975_thumb.jpg

Are we talking at cross purposes here? Am I in the right area?

Rob

Edit: I've just had two emails one for Essex Express and one for Football Focus

• RMweb Premium

Ah, so does one override the other then? 

If I mark them "no mail" as in the screen grab from "Content I follow", is that overridden by the notification preference in My Settings. perhaps that's where I've been going wrong. Too many tick boxes for my liking :0)

Basically all I want to do is stop emails arriving in my inbox while I'm away, So when I return I don't have loads of mails to read and sort.

I don't have a smart phone and only very occasionally get to a PC to retrieve mail via webmail if away

Rob.

Archived