B8 crossover - timbers

steelmaster501

I'm currently producing a plan in Templot in 00sf that includes a B8 crossover. I have adjusted the length of the central six timbers so that they support the full width of the crossover; however, the result is that the ends of the lengthened timbers (at the lengthened end) do not line up with the ends of the adjacent timbers and sleepers (they are either just longer or just shorter dependant upon how many times I click 'lengthen').

The question is, is this normal/prototypical, or is this a symptom of having shorter (32mm sleepers) that are associated with 00sf? If the latter, would it be better to shorten back the long timbers to match adjacent timbers/sleepers?

Looking forward to some constructive advice...

S501

• RMweb Gold

Hi S501,

Don't try to make the timber ends line up neatly, it's entirely prototypical for them to vary. The timbers are supplied in standard stock lengths in 6" increments -- the gang don't spend time cutting little bits off to make them look neat!

Use the nearest stock size. Or where the crossover would have been built in situ rather than prefabricated (e.g. in pre-grouping times, or in older yards and sidings) you can have an odd timber obviously shorter or longer than the others, according to what timbers were to hand at the time.

regards,

Martin.

Archived