New Multi Part Station/Platform Staff Figures for the Age of Steam

1ngram

New Station Staff Multi-Part Figures from Bantam Figures

O4ZxDlz.png

Last year I produced a small range of multi-part figures of loco crew for the Age of Steam.  I made  2 jacketed  bodies, four different heads and six different right and left arms which allowed a huge range of different loco crew figure positions to be constructed, standing around, operating engine controls, leaning on the cab side, holding shovels, oiling, even drinking a mug of tea .  The figures were based on contemporary photos and were originally intended for my own GNSR layout in H0, Dundarg.  At that scale they represented men between 5’8” and 6’ tall.  But, of course, they were ideal for 4mm/00 layouts both to represent the many thousands of men of that era who were around 5’ tall, and to fit in the many cramped loco footplates at that scale.

This first batch of figures sold out by the end of last year and as well as having more of them cast I’ve now added a further 4 heads representing station/platform staff using, again, contemporary photographs to ensure accuracy.  Once again the new pieces have been sculpted by Martin Baker and I have added one new arm, holding a pocket watch to the range.  The heads are bearded, moustachioed, clean shaven and bareheaded so a huge range of platform staff positions are now available.  The figures are in the post-Victoria hat (prior to that the kepi was the norm) which came in on the accession of the new King and  which became the norm for almost all railway staff in Britain right through the Grouping and well into BR days.

Mx0HnUP.png

I’ve also rationalised prices at £6.00 for four figures, any combination of bodies, heads and arms. Postage will be £1.00 in UK for any size of order, £2.00 outwith UK

I accept Paypal, cheque or similar and an updated full brochure with photos, lists etc. can be obtained from me at kennclark@btinternet.com

Here is what the new heads and arm look like in the flesh.

0kcsNi2.png

Another photo:

RmzSZHk.png

Archived