Bachmann Brassworks/ Tower models. class 08.

P.C.M

Hi Peter,

The Bachmann Brassworks (It was never a Tower loco) 7mm class 08, wasn't a bad model at all, in my opinion.

I was thinking of one of these at one point recently, and the only real glaring error in them is the big brass 'box' between the wheels, but that can be cut away. The other thing is that David Parkins does a detail kit for them to tart them up somewhat.

The only thing I was thinking to myself is that it would have to be a cheap one with the Dapol one supposedly on the horizon, and at circa £200!!!

A friend of mine has got one with the big 'box' cut away and painted in plain black, and it runs very sweetly at nice slow speed. It's fitted with an ESU Loksound and has a 23mm round speaker pointing out through the front grilles, and sounds really good. The bonus is it will take a normal decoder not needing the XL.

Jinty ;)

I have a couple on the bench Peter. The model as it comes is resonable, if a little basic. The previously mentioned detailing kit sorts that. The roof shape is a bit off, but detailed and weathered well they look very good. If the Dapol one is as good as there recent 7mm steamer release then I know where my money would go.

Thanks guys, 

The loco is quite cheap but Adding a 50 pound detail kit plus still having to paint etc will start to make things expensive. It's not a loco high on my wants list really I just thought if it was a good model and cheap it might be worth trying to get.

Cheers Peter.

Archived