Parkside Dundas - GWR Y4 Banana Van

I'm looking at soon getting my Parkside Dundas GWR Y4 Vans built. Besides the GWR Y4, am I right in thinking the GWR Y5 (a Y4 with a Morton Brake) can also be built from the kit...?

The other thing that has confused me with these kits is the inclusion of the ends with the twin shuttered louvres. Can anyone explain why the twin shuttered louvres ends are included in the kit please?

Garethp8873.

I'm looking at soon getting my Parkside Dundas GWR Y4 Vans built. Besides the GWR Y4, am I right in thinking the GWR Y5 (a Y4 with a Morton Brake) can also be built from the kit...?

The other thing that has confused me with these kits is the inclusion of the ends with the twin shuttered louvres. Can anyone explain why the twin shuttered louvres ends are included in the kit please?

Garethp8873.

What else is on the sprue with these ends? It could simply be for convenience of moulding,in the same way that the underframe sprue for the Vanwide includes the LMS-style underframe with J-hangers, as well as the correct one.

What else is on the sprue with these ends? It could simply be for convenience of moulding,in the same way that the underframe sprue for the Vanwide includes the LMS-style underframe with J-hangers, as well as the correct one.

Following me posting this topic last night, I went back and re-read the paperwork on how to build the wagon. The twin shuttered louvres ends are included for those who want to build the GWR V16s that were converted into the GWR X6 MICA vans...

Not sure what is on the sprue though afraid to say.

Archived