2 6 2 loco

a10driver

Hello

I  have  one  3/4  built.

Not   had  any  problems,  fits  together  well.

Wheels  &  rods  quartered  fine  and  rotate  freely.

Cant  comment   on  the  rest  of  the  motion,  not  completed  yet.

Pete

Hi mick.

I found the November. Mag. I think he had a old kit. From what I can gather. The new ons are better He put a lot of extre bits on must have put the price up a bit. I think I will give DJH. A ring.

The last loco I built was a BLACK 5. A David Andrews kit.

Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers. A10

Hello

I  havnt  progressed  this  kit  for  a  while,  my  kit  was  one  of  the  earlier  ones  with  the  overwidth  cyliders,  this  was  noticable  as  they  protruded  slightly  outboard  of  the  running  plate  unlike  the  original  loco  where  they  are  flush.

DJH  was  kind  enough  to  sell  me  the revised  cylinder  mounts  and  motion  bracket  from  the  later  kit  to  correct  this.

The  overwide  cylinders  were  probably  intended  to  improve  clearance  with  coupling  rods  &  front  wheels  with  the  motion,  on  the  real  think  this  clearance  is  only  around  1".  I  have  not  yet  assembled  the  motion  with  the  new  cyinder  spacing but  can  see  it  will  need  some  care.  to  ensure  free  movement,  any  excessive  sideplay  will  cause  problems..

The  individual   motion  parts  build  up  nicely  (only  made  up  one  side  so  far).  Laminated  in  Nickel  Silver

I  cant  compare  with  other  kits  as  I  have  built  no  other  outside  cylinder  locos  in  O  gauge.

It  is certainly  easier than  the  Joy  radial  gear  on  a  Bachwoods  Minature  OO9  kit.

Body  details  etc  are  comparable  to  other  kits  I  have  seen  giving  a  reasonable  appearance,  yes  there  is  always  scope   for  additional  scratch  details  or  aftermarket  parts

I  have  seen  a  completed  DJH  Ivatt  running  at  a  show  and  it  looked  good  and  ran  well

Pete

Archived