Bachmann 6 pin decoder back EMF

70E

Hi, just fitted the above to my new Kernow 02 , doesn't work on analogue, not such a big deal but more of an issue is that on an incline instead of a steady speed it races away.

I expect some may say it's a rubbish decoder, I haven't used one before , I might try it in the 64xx which needs a decoder to see if it does the same.

But just wondering if any cv's can be checked or adjusted?

Many thanks

• RMweb Premium

Early versions of this decoder, 36-558, don't support analogue but the newer 36-558a version does. Although it isn't the best decoder for ultimate slow speed running it's quite configurable with regard to BEMF cv tweaking. 209 & 210 are p & i (set at 25 & 20 for most n locos but better at between 40 & 20 to 80 & 40 for many 4mm motors. 212 is the % strength rates and set at 50. I have found between 100 - 150 is needed for 4mm.

If you can set a bespoke speed table - very easy if you use JMRI/decoder pro as I do (via a sprog) - then reducing the top speed can improve the slow speed running and especially when combined with some acceleration /deceleration.

Izzy

Thank you for the advice.

I put the Bachmann decoder in the 64xx and it works fine. I purchased a digitrax 6 pin and have fitted it and the 02 works fine, it seem there was some incompatibility between the Bachmann decoder and the O2.

Archived