GardenRail Magazine - Now Published By Warner Group

GardenRail Magazine

Hello everybody, by way of introduction I am David Williams the editor of GardenRail Magazine, which has recently been acquired by Warners Group. This is my first post here on RM Web and I am still finding my way around, so please be patient with me if I make any rookie errors with my postings.

For those who may not be familiar with GardenRail, it is the only British magazine which covers the entire garden railway spectrum. This broad remit covers all scales, gauges and genres as well as both live-steam and electric propulsion. In short, if it runs in the garden, or has a direct application thereafter, it is our thing.

Published twelve times a year, we regularly feature a mix of articles on railway construction and landscaping, the building, maintenance and/or personalisation/detailing of locos and rolling stock, the construction of lineside features and of course take a look at individual railways. Being published monthly, we are also able to provide comprehensive, up to date trade news and product reviews. GardenRail’s Editor at Large, Tag Gorton looks after the trade section and also writes a regular column, ‘The Buffer’, giving his perspective on the garden railway world. All of this helping to keep our readers at the very forefront of developments in the hobby.

In this month’s edition, GR255 you will find;

post-27561-0-20593800-1446817899.jpg

* South Bucks Joint Railway (Part 1) - Gauge 1 live-steam with a distinct flavour of the North East.

* Robinson’s Mill (Part 2) - The construction of a small New Zealand style, timber mill in 1:24 scale.

* Personalising an Accucraft Hunslet - The visual transformation of a live-steam 7/8ths  scale quarry Hunslet, from pristine ex-work condition to a careworn industrial workhorse.

* A Driving Ambition - Sculpting a driver figure for a 7/8ths scale loco.

* The Prairie Line - A G Scale electric railway, inspired by the American West.

* Summer is Here - Review of a new, entry level, summer carriage kit in 16mm scale.

* Take One Bean Tin - The construction of a robust, but aesthetically pleasing water tower.

* Colonel Pechot; Tracks To The Trenches - This excellent book reviewed in detail

* Jack (Part 6) - Brian Wilson’s locomotive construction series continues with the manufacture of the Smokebox Door.

* Tag’s Tradesmans Round - Editor at Large, Tag Gorton presents all of the latest news from the trade, including new products, events and private secondhand sales.

* The Buffer - Tag Gorton’s regular column, commenting on garden railways and their relationship with the wider world.

David Williams

Editor GardenRail Magazine

post-27561-0-20593800-1446817899.jpg

Archived