Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

RR&CO What Baud rate do you use?

What Baud rate does your Digital command unit ( DC Unit)  operate on when connecting to the PC and RR&Co software?

The reason I ask is that with my new layout I have the opportunity to run many schedules at the same time but in testing over the past month have become more and more frustrated with the Software and hardware losing connectivity and the message from RR&CO TC telling me there has been a hardware failure with the COM port sometimes within 10 minutes of operation mad.gif

This may only be a problem for me as the NCE Digital Command unit uses the old serial port plugs and the connection to the PC USB has to be via an adapter.

The advice I received indicated that it was most likely the adapter - which was about seven years old so I invested in a new one - which turned out to be identical to the ESU adapter that comes with LokProgrammer.  It helped but not much - the error messages and the loss of communication and the ensuing drama on the layout - still kept happening.

Then Frederick on the RR&CO forum asked me which Baud rate I was using and that rang a bell from when I first started using TC.  I checked the port properties in the computer  device manager and found they were different from those set in the DC unit so I set them the same.

That appeared to solve the problem - the schedules ran without bother - for about 2 hours then I got the same message icon_redface.gif

According to the RR&Co "help" notes that come with the error message this not an uncommon problem and may be solved by using a 9600 baud rate. ( that's the lowest  Baud rate available)

So I am now using the 9600 instead of the 19200 Baud rate and have also set the control flow for the COMs port to " Hardware"   and see if that improves things further.twitch.gif

Archived