RMweb

Tunnel or bridge? what do you think?

stannyblade

• RMweb Premium

Tunnel for me too, but longer than you've shown, extending both ends by around a quarter curve.  And keep the ground rising gently into the top right corner .......

To me it would depend on the setting and scenary. If its an urban/city layout then a bridge, as these are very common, and would look pretty good. But if going for a more rural theme then I think I'd go for a tunnel so as to disguise the fact that one track is crossing the others.

• 10 months later...

At the risk of awakening a dormant thread, I assume the height markers are in mm? One potential missue with a tunnel is that the tops of the portals are going to be higher than the upper track level. Particularly if using a double track portal, which will need to be extra wide for side clearance on the set track curves. Suitable disguising of this may be needed. I've got the scalescenes tunnel kit and have built a test one in black and white print. It is pretty solid but the carving of the arch was hard work. I need to make about 8 for my own plan...

Archived