Cheap LNER 6'8" wheel sets

greenglade

Hi guys

Thought I'd post this here for anyone who may be building a locomotive requiring this size wheel. You may or may not be aware of the current Hachette 'Mallard' build, I suspect most will know about the build itself. What you may not know is that there was a problem with the quartering of the first wheels and that Hachette rectified this by re-making the wheel sets. The good news is that they supplied the entire set later in one issue of the magazine which costs £7.99 so for very little money you can get a complete set of drivers which with P&P is less than £9.

Anyway.. just a heads up for fellow builders of LNER Pacific's etc, if you want to take advantage of this go to their site and order issue 52, not sure how long they will continue to sell this issue alone, so far they have as others have taken advantage of this too. I haven't assembled the sets myself but others have and stated that they are correct..well I mean they work, I'm not sure what degree they are set at, I would guess 90 as it's not important for an electric O gauge model with no inside cylinder to require 120 quartering.

link:   http://www.hachettepartworks.com/products/9363-build-the-mallard.aspx

regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Pete

Just spotted this as I was having my first brows through the topics. 

I bought the first six of the A4 mags. so have the body etc,.Nnot touched them yet so driving wheel s will give me a push to start.

Well spotted and thanks for sharing you find. 

Regards   John

Archived