ECoS control using my Iphone via VNC Viewer.

I have used the excellent VNC viewer on my windows PC's and laptops for a while now so thought why would it not work on my iPhone.

So I went to the app store and there it was. So I can now control my ECoS via VNC Viewer the same as on my laptop.

So if Touchcab does stop working you can see your ECoS the same on your mobile device as if you were looking at it directly.

The web based address for the viewer is

http://www.realvnc.com/download/viewer/

But you need to download it from the Apple App Store to load it on your iOS device.

Very happy

Hi Two-Tone,

Yep, been using VNC on my iPad Mini with ECoS for over a year, now.

It's really useful for doing stuff remotely from the ECoS, like adjusting servos, when installing.

Annoyingly, I've found that TouchCab on my iPhone 6 doesn't work properly since the last ECoS firmware update!

And, boy do I miss it!

Anybody got any comments on that?

Regards,

Alan.

Hi Two-Tone,

Yep, been using VNC on my iPad Mini with ECoS for over a year, now.

It's really useful for doing stuff remotely from the ECoS, like adjusting servos, when installing.

Annoyingly, I've found that TouchCab on my iPhone 6 doesn't work properly since the last ECoS firmware update!

And, boy do I miss it!

Anybody got any comments on that?

Regards,

Alan.

Did you try switching the ECoS PC communication/protocol to "Legacy Mode"? It's a new option in the setup menu.

In addition to the REal VNC Client for Microsoft Windows, which I use with Windows 10, and the one for iPads/Phones mentioned above, Real VNC also has:

• a client (Viewer) for Apple devices running the OSX operating system
  • two separate client versions for Android devices, one for phones, the other for tablets.
  • a version for computers using Unix or Linux
  • a version for Google Chromebooks.

Keith,

Thanks, I knew I should have tried the new legacy setting!

TouchCab back "on track"

Just wondering if it will cock up anything else?

There always seem to be more things associated with 'settings' than meets the eye,

A bit like CV's on decoders, you think you've worked out how to dim one light, then another just doesn't work, or the train runs in reverse instead of forward, - or maybe that's just me!

Anyhow, cheers for that,

Regards,

Alan.

All good news then. I must try the Android version as I have a spare Samsung Tablet kicking around doing nothing as well as an iPad.

But its like having another Mobile 2 handset to hand and as been mentioned useful hanging under the boards for setting up servos.

Very happy :sungum:

Archived