Identifying loco addresses

rockershovel

I think I'll leave Digitrains to run their own operation, thanks.

Pretty much everything I have been told, has been contradicted by someone else. Both clubs where I have seen DCC, have been unable to agree among themselves about which system is preferred (apart from the ones who favour something else entirely).

I've now got a functioning test track, have been able to show club members with their own locos how to at least, see them run and hear the sound system. I don't propose to buy any more hardware. I've worked out several things which were confusing, particularly the use of F prefixes for numeric keys. I can see how to change the volume if required, probably won't do any such thing, and (probably more usefully) turn it on and off with a single keystroke.

I've now got a one-page card telling members with no DCC experience, how to do this. So, I think I've covered my original brief.

I don't doubt that there are numerous things DCC will do which I haven't covered, but I think I need a lot more experience to define what I am seeking to achieve, before doing any more in that direction.

Ben

I keep a record of the chip fitted into each loco along with the address in an excel sheet.  I have copied this onto the mobile phone enabling me to check the id.  Most of mine are addressed based upon the loco number.

Archived