Hornby DVT light problem

I came home today with a Hornby Virgin Trains DVT (82150) and fitted a decoder and programmed etc, only to find that a few wires were out of place.... The head lights do not work... only the cab light (works with the head lights) and the tail lights worked. I have emailed Hattons as I got it from them, but does anyone know how?

The black cap things that hold the wires in place have come off, and im not very happy about it.

Does anyone know what has happened? Or should a be replacement need?

Thanks

JAck

• RMweb Gold

Typical Hornby!

I have problems with nearly every Hornby loco when I have taken the body off to fit a decoder. One of my Class 56's lights didn't work when I replaced the body, I tried everything, including discarding their contacts and hard wiring them, but they must have blown somewhere in the process as they still didn’t work. I contacted Hornby and they do not have spare light modules, in the end I made my own and I now have lights. I put a decoder in my Virgin HST dummy car and when I put the body back on the lights didn't work. More recently a class 31 only some of the lights work when the body was put back on.

It is about time Hornby devised a more substantial connection system for its lights. If the locos are meant to be serviced you should be able to take them apart without fear something drastic will happen to the lights.

Peter

Archived