Farish 371-385 won't change direction

faa77

Hi,

I bought a Farish 66 Freightliner which has DCC (although I think I am running it on plain old DC). Stopping and starting in the same direction works fine, for both directions. However, if I am going forward, stop, then flick the controller to run in reverse and then gradually increase the speed the loco lights come on momentarily and then suddenly die and the train stops. Sometimes if I turn the speed up faster, the engine will commence to move in the new direction, but most of the time it dies and I cannot move in forward or reverse.

Would anybody know what is causing this? I only bought ti 10 days ago so need to know whether to return it to the seller.

UPDATE: If I change direction and increase the speed significantly, it does change direction. It seems to have problems when I change direction and increase the speed gradually.

Hi,

Has it been run in already?  To me what you are describing sounds pretty normal for all Farish locos and sounds like it needs running in. 

Do you have a rolling road?  If not a simple circle/oval of setrack will do.  Let the loco run each direction for about an hour, and follow the lubrication info on the info sheet inluded (if the sheet is gone Farish have them on their website).

Best of luck

Paul

Hi Paul,

No I didnt know much about "running in". I did vaguely see it mentioned somewhere but when googling to find it, it was quite tricky to find the correct term. I will try that now!

Thank you.

Archived