DCC Train Automation - Helpful

bcnPete

• RMweb Gold

Just wanted to say a few words that DCC Train Automation have been great to deal with.

I bought a Daisy II DCC system from them at Warley last month and after giving me a good overview of the system James Hudson did say I could call him if I had any questions.

Being as I am an electrical numpty, there were a few things I couldn't get the hang of and a few calls later including an interactive Skype call, James has patiently helped me through the setting up problems and offering great advice along the way.

I even ordered a couple of new decoder chips after our telephone call after lunch which he said he could get to me by the next day (23 December 2015) and sure enough they arrived next day in the Christmas post.

Usual disclaimer, not connected to the business in any way but just wanted to share here that I have had great service and James has been very helpful.

Pete

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to say a few words that DCC Train Automation have been great to deal with.

Pete

I agree that James has been very helpful to me in the past .... but I am getting very concerned that I have not been able to contact him/them either by phone (several calls over several weeks, no reply, no answer machine) or email.

I am particularly worried because I have pre-paid for a £400 and cannot make contact in any way.

I saw him at Aly Paly .... since then nothing. Has anyone made any more recent contact?

• RMweb Gold

Likewise I spoke him 2 weeks ago as needed to return my Daisy II.

He was as ever very helpful.

Keep trying via email/phone...

• 1 month later...

Likewise I spoke him 2 weeks ago as needed to return my Daisy II.

He was as ever very helpful.

Keep trying via email/phone...

Just to say that I have now made contact by phone and all issues resolved to my total satisfaction - he is just a VERY busy one man business - nice man to deal with.

• 1 year later...

Am a recent buyer from DCC Train Automation.   Google and Facebook reviews are very favourable.   My initial experience very positive - deliveries good and advice quick and helpful.   Now locked in to a system for which they are the sole UK supplier and I ordered more items.   Money is always taken from my account immediately but I am now waiting weeks for shipments.   Now wish I had separated out a pre-order item from orders as no timely shipments being received.   I have had to use Facebook to communicate as the website contact page is duff.   The guy is busy but seems to find the time to monitor Facebook messaging and always promises.   Anyone else finding problems?   Has DCC Train Automation taken on more that they can handle?   I would not be so concerned if my money not taken upfront.   Many companies only take the money at date of shipment. 

Update:   As of 16/03/19 received my outstanding order.   From phone conversation with DCCTA seems to have been a temporary hitch with the Dutch supplier.   Happy bunny now that I can proceed with my installation. 

Edited by Geneng
Updating

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had never placed an order with this trader before, so was a little apprehensive after reading some of the comments above.   I need not have worried.   Placed my order yesterday morning and it came through the letter box this morning on the 48-hour service(!)