Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

First Great Western blue - is there a reasonable match from Halfords?

Hi, I've tried searching the forum and searching more generally through google but can't seem to get a simple answer - is there a ready-mixed Halfords car paint that is a reasonable match for FGW blue, or does anyone have the paint code to allow it to be mixed? I have the donor models and need to get them ready for a small boy with an upcoming birthday.....

Thanks

Just an idea...

But maybe print off a photo of the loco colour via google or whatever,or save it to your phone

Then take that into halfords to compare colour,although i know sometimes the can lid colour isnt always the same as the finished article!

Good luck with it anyway

Cheers

Just an idea...

But maybe print off a photo of the loco colour via google or whatever,or save it to your phone

Then take that into halfords to compare colour,although i know sometimes the can lid colour isnt always the same as the finished article!

Good luck with it anyway

Cheers

Thanks

Hi. Regarding FGW Blue, I have used Halford Vauxhall Atlantis Blue , which to my mind gives a fairly good representation of the colour.

However, if you could find out the Bss number or any other paint code, Halfords will mix you a spray can for around £14.00

Archived