The railways of Ben Ashworth country.

This has probably been mooted elsewhere.

I have been given on permanent loan a couple of books detaiing the industry of the FOD, from the late 1800's to the early 1970's, in one of the books there are several if not a lot of track plans, ( ideal for construction of a layout), and a drawing to scale of Cinderford station and various other buildings.

Scale drawings :

Cinderford Station

Cinderfor Goods Shed

Cinderford Weigh House

Cinderford Brewery Store

Drybrook Station

Speech House Road Station

Speech House Road Goods Shed

Track plans

The track plans are too numerous to list but include :

Coleford Junction

Bicslade Wharf

Cannop Sidings + The Wood Distiillation Works

Speech House Road station

There are also numerous photographs of the inside of signal boxes, wagons ( livery), and of course the actual industrial works, and the clutter that goes with them.

If anyone has a particular interest, I am happy to look for, scan anything I find and email ti to you.

I would post some on here but am wary of ingfringing copyright.

You will find that "An Historical Survey of the Forest of Dean Railways - Layouts and Illustrations"  144 pages hardback by Oxford Publishing has layout plans, photos, and many building drawings covering the whole Forest area. By Peter Smith ISBN 0 86093 167 6. Covers 47 locations from Lower Lydbrook Station, Whimsey, Howbeach sidings, Whitecliff Lime Kilns, through the main Forest areas between these points to Lydney Docks, Severn Bridge Station and across to Sharpness, Berkley and both of it's junctions even.

Archived