Zimo Sound Decoder

Despatcher

I bought a Bachmann EWS Class 66 with a Zimo sound decoder and Digitrains sound file as a Christmas present to myself. As you do. However it has decided it does not like me and locked me out! I cannot change any CVs except for sound level.

It is locked as CV1 = 1, so I cannot even change the loco number. CVs 1 - 6 and 29 are all "locked". Thought about a reset using CV 8 but that is locked too! All happened when I tried to change the original loco number from 3 to 6650. I assumed four digit programming was not turned on in CV 29. In desperation I tried changing CV1 from default 3 to 1, which it did but now I am just plain locked out.

As loco 1, I can operate it perfectly normally using all Functions Keys, Sound and Lights. But I would like to be able to access the CVs.

I have a Z21 controller and have tried other locos with a mixture of Loksound and Zimo sound decoders and there is no problem, so it is not the Z21. I must have reprogrammed something by mistake but I have absolutely no idea what. Anyone get any ideas, please. Thanks.

Yes, I am thinking it is probably a decoder fault, especially with the lack of anything practical coming in. I was just wondering if I had missed something blindingly obvious so I thought I would ask. I will make a few few phone calls next week when the retailers are open again. Thanks for your help. Always much appreciated. Happy New Year.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I am thinking it is probably a decoder fault, especially with the lack of anything practical coming in. I was just wondering if I had missed something blindingly obvious so I thought I would ask. I will make a few few phone calls next week when the retailers are open again. Thanks for your help. Always much appreciated. Happy New Year.

I have a similar problem with a MX681 function decoder that was programmed by a supplier, it worked fine but when I decided I wished to make adjustments I entered 0 into CV 144 but no joy in reading back or programming the CV's the display showed xxx. I tried on the Programme track and POM I was unable to unlock it, I have one of the new MX 600 decoders which I had programmed and check all the CV's that I had changed and all was fine until I locked the decoder entering 64 into CV144 ( this was the value given to me on the preprogrammed function decoder) I assumed it would be a standard value, unfortunately I entered 0 into cv 144 but I cannot access it!

Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to resolve the problem?

I have a similar problem with a MX681 function decoder that was programmed by a supplier, it worked fine but when I decided I wished to make adjustments I entered 0 into CV 144 but no joy in reading back or programming the CV's the display showed xxx. I tried on the Programme track and POM I was unable to unlock it, I have one of the new MX 600 decoders which I had programmed and check all the CV's that I had changed and all was fine until I locked the decoder entering 64 into CV144 ( this was the value given to me on the preprogrammed function decoder) I assumed it would be a standard value, unfortunately I entered 0 into cv 144 but I cannot access it!

Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to resolve the problem?

'Unlocking' a ZIMO decoder using CV144 = 0 must be done with POM. It cannot be performed using Service Mode on a programming track. Depending on your DCC system, you might need to try it a few times and remember to cycle the power after each attempt. (tilt the model to one side so that wheels are lifted clear and power is cut temporarilly.

Kind regards,

Paul

'Unlocking' a ZIMO decoder using CV144 = 0 must be done with POM. It cannot be performed using Service Mode on a programming track. Depending on your DCC system, you might need to try it a few times and remember to cycle the power after each attempt. (tilt the model to one side so that wheels are lifted clear and power is cut temporarilly.

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the information I will try this as soon as I return from holiday, my controller is an Hornby Elite V1.41.

Regards

Terryg

Kind regards,

Paul

Update.

Hi Paul,

I did exactly what you suggested and after several attempts I have unlocked both the MX600 and MX 681.(Holiday was put on hold for an hour)!

Thank you.

Regards

Terry

Update.

Hi Paul,

I did exactly what you suggested and after several attempts I have unlocked both the MX600 and MX 681.(Holiday was put on hold for an hour)!

Thank you.

Regards

Terry

Terry,

Some things are more important than holidays. LOL.

Glad you got it sorted.

Kind regards,

Paul

Archived