OOWorks and DCC

Budgie

• RMweb Gold

I notice that OOWorks say on their website that if you want DCC you have to wire it into the loco yourself as they do not do this. I don't understand why they don't do it. All they need to do is get a minimal-size circuit board with a dummy DCC plug, similar to what Bachmann have done in their 64xx panniers and wire it between the pickups and the motor. It shouldn't add too much to the price of the loco.

But as you acknowledge, it must add to the price. Since they appear to have managed a sell out on everything they have produced so far, the incentive to take this step isn't there. I'll bet they do get feedback from their potential customers about keeping the price down as far as is practicable. What would you do in this scenario?

I'll take the saving and make four soldered joints myself. (With the exception of sockets in roomy tenders whee there is effectively no space constraint, I would much rather all RTR steam came without a socket; as detaching the two brush terminal connections and interposing a decoder is trivially simple.)

Archived