RMweb

Dimensions for RhB coaches and freight stock

Guest dawdawes

Guest dawdawes

Hi all.

Now I have had some of the new Kato stock arrive ,I have picked up some Lima sbb coaches to convert.

Does anyone know where I can get the dimensions for RhB coaches and freight stock.

cheers

Dave Dawes

Hi all.

Now I have had some of the new Kato stock arrive ,I have picked up some Lima sbb coaches to convert.

Does anyone know where I can get the dimensions for RhB coaches and freight stock.

cheers

Dave Dawes

Hi Dave,

Did you see Decembers Continental Modeller? I would be interested to see what you do with them, as I would like something along the same lines for my new layout.

• RMweb Gold

I've pm'd you, the Scheers drawings are a bit variable on accuracy ;) The Jeanmarie ones are better.

Hi Dave,

Did you see Decembers Continental Modeller? I would be interested to see what you do with them, as I would like something along the same lines for my new layout.

Gordon is lurking on here so hopefully will see and jump in ;)

Guest dawdawes

Railways@dawdawes.com

Glad Gordon is on here as I asked Andrew Burnham (Peco CM)

To pass on my details.

I have 2 Liam coaches also one more on bid, I've also picked up 3 minitrix hoppers that are very close to the RhB ones just need a repaint, also have 2 SBB RE4/4 bodies from ebay and yes want to do an exhibition layout. Looking at the Tomix track as it has a lower ballast height . Did you see my post on the Pirata railcars

• RMweb Gold

Might want to edit out your email or it can collect spam ;)

Email returned. Yes saw the Pirata railcar but as it's Bernina line I won't be biting ;)

I seriously considered regauging but left it and just will have fun with it as is for now. I've done two of the four wheel container wagons and had a link to some vans on shapeways but they been removed so I need to contact Gerd and see if he will upload them again ;)

DEBF71BD-5286-40FA-89CA-86D96E8024E0.jpg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

Guest dawdawes

Yes: Schweers&Wall (German publisher) has (had) a 4-part series on RhB trains, including freight, passenger, loco's and PW stock dating from the late 90's, early 2000's. Some are highly sought after, others may still be available. There's a 5th book dealing with the FO stock (all of it).

HTH!

Yes I had a look around and they are very expensive

Guest dawdawes

So how have you gone about the containers, tomix does some nice flat cars that could be used. I know the Pirata is Dc but they were the first RhB units I had a ride on from St Moritz, an you know what we can be like.

I now have all the Kato that has been released ,so all 3 locos and 2 coach sets, mind you I might split one and sell coaches, also 2 Alegra units they look FAB

• RMweb Gold

I found the containers at a show and then just adapted two cheap Kato wagons with bits of microstrip to add the buffer beams and data panels. It's in this thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87038-kato-gex-sets-and-the-future/?fromsearch=1

There are also the Bernina coaches soon to go with the Pirata railcar :)

Edited by PaulRhB

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, Talltim said:

Do t tell me you are going Swiss too Martyn?

Just having a dabble in NM9, partly as a project with Sophie.

Don't worry, I'm not going full cuckoo clock. 

:D

4 hours ago, jonhall said:

Great find Martyn!

Jon

Thanks Jon, thought you'd like that. ;)

Spent a bit of time banging some numbers into a spreadsheet last night, just to see if I can find any N wagons which lend themselves to conversion.

Will post a copy tonight.

If anyone knows real dimensions of previous designs (some of them I'm sure still in departmental use) I'd love to see and add them? 

Here's where i'd got to with a spreadsheet, it includes a conversion for 1/150 for length over buffers, overall width, deck height (of flats) and wheelbase or bogie centres, i've done that aimed at looking for suitable mainstream N kitbashing fodder.

I haven't included length over body as most drawings don't cover that, they concentrate (logically enough I guess for the purpose!) on loadbed lengths.

If there's bits that folk think i've interpreted wrongly (my German is really not great) then please let me know and i'll update. If there's bits that folk think should be included, also let me know and i'll see what I can do.

Again, if there's older cars that anyone has similar info for, please share and i'll add.

Dimensions.xlsx

Thanks Jon, I hadn't found that seller. Those container wells were on my list, I need to decide whether to go that route or attempt to scratchbuild!

I did find this chap who does a pretty nice looking (and not too scarily priced!) rendition of the bogie hoppers (plus some useful loco bodies).
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/tt-trams?section=--+RhB&s=0