If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Thumper 207203

I volunteer at the Swindon and Cricklade. Last year to treat myself for passing out on their thumper 1302 (207203) I purchased a DC Kits class 207 kit. Charlie kindly sold me a 2 car kit (as opposed to the standard 3 car) and I built it and painted it in green as per current prototype. Whilst I was happy with it, it never really got run and didn't match any of my other items. I thought about selling it but decided to give it a second chance. Using a pot of NSE blue, grey and some Fox NSE stripes i've redone it in NSE. I thought about buying a standard centre car kit but in the end i've made use of a Lima NSE mark 1 to portray as a 4CEP TSO that the units used to contain late on in their years.

Enough rabbiting, here are some photos. First up is a view of the whole unit:

post-1105-126747555203_thumb.jpg

Second is a view of the 4CEP trailer. I have removed the vertical window bars to simulate hopper vents. I'd like to pick the window frames out in silver but think it will be too difficult to make it look good. The coach was an NSE liveried one with the blue repainted into the darker shade.

post-1105-126747556467_thumb.jpg

The DTSO

post-1105-126747557828_thumb.jpg

A side on view of the unit

post-1105-126747560116_thumb.jpg

The unit is powered by a Limby 101 power bogie. There's a few things left to do with it, numbering, fitting the bogie frames over the Hornby obnes at the rear of the motor coach, and a black triangle at the end.

Comments/suggestions welcome!

Archived