Blog- RandyWales' - chapter & worse - Fresh start, then...

RSS Fetcher

Hi again...

I'm delighted to see RMWeb back online.

I lingered around in the shadows for a bit prior to the server migration, finding my bearings :- so to get me off the ground in the Blogosphere, I'd like to wish everyone good luck, and say thanks for the excellent forum content that has made RMWeb unassailable.

Onwards, with the new Blog and a fresh start then??¦.

On the old forum, I had two Layout threads on the go.

To update those interested, Maenol Mine is still unfinished because I am in need of a specific paint base colour to finish the stone walls of the new mine building.

I hope to pick up a tin at the Cardiff exhibition next weekend.

If an attending trader is reading this??¦.please bring a tin or spray can of Precision Track Colour P991 ??“ you??™ve got a buyer.

On the Costleigh front, I??™ve done absolutely nothing on the construction front for well over a year ??“

That is, until this week??¦.

The Cheapside area needs a large warehouse building, and whilst my preference is for contructions using Wills plastic sheet, the shear quality and convincing air of reality portrayed by proprietor John Wiffen??™s South Oak Road has prompted me to purchase my first ScaleScenes kit.

I??™m currently building a triple-fronted warehouse with two upper floors.

To maintain symmetry of construction in the Cheapside area, I will need to purchase a few more ScaleScenes kits to fill this corner of the layout if all goes well. Cheapside is detached from the other scenic areas, so I don??™t think the differing styles will be too apparent.

As all the track is laid on the Costleigh layout, I do have the odd running session now and again, and I have recently bought a second DCC Sound locomotive ??“ a Class 25 ??“ to go with my Class 37. Really enjoyable.

Although I have the older version of Hornby HST power cars, which I re-motorised using a Bachmann Class 25 chassis, I am sorely tempted to buy the new model and have a sound chip at both ends.

I was originally worried about the horns sounding from both power-cars at the same time, but I found out today from the RMWeb DCC Sound forum that you can set the CV??™s to enable the horn to sound only in the direction of travel.

View the full article

Archived