Mercian Models

Down_Under

Has anyone else had issues with missing parts from their 4mm kits ordered in the last year? If so, were these issues resolved? If so how?

I have purchased 5 industrial kits during the past year, and 3/5 have had missing parts, and in some cases contained extra parts.

OX1 Peckett Kit - missing all castings, a few etches and sent the wrong saddle tank wrapper.

16" Barclay (prewar) - missing several castings - cross heads, and springs. Missing foot plate/running plate etch, cylinder etch brake block etch. Bizarrely came with 5 chimneys, and extra cab (in brass) and buffer beam etches.

16" Barclay (postwar) - missing half the white metal saddle tank (does come with etched saddle wrapper), brake block etches and numerous castings. Again, also include 2 extra chassis, and half an extra cab.

Also have a Class 14 and a 55050 Class, haven't really delved into these yet. I've emailed Trevor numerous times with pictures and listed what I think is missing, and the usual response is/was "I'll send with the next kit", or "be in the post next week". I understand that he was overwhelmed with the response to only batch produce kits. Last few emails have gone unanswered. Is all OK? Are they still trading? Have I been unlucky, or is this normal experience to get a kit with major components missing? Any suggestions as to follow up (bearing in mind I'm in Austalia).

Cheers, James

Archived