North Cornwall China Clay Co.

MarcD

All,

I have got the transfers for the wagons from Powsides but I don't know which wagons they go on. The only photos I have seen are ones that have had NCCC scratched on and they don't resemble the transfers. 18250_791863.jpg

Any help much appreciated

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marc,

Whilst looking through Michael Messenger's Bodmin and Wadbridge book last night I found a picture of this wagon on page 171 (it has the same number). The caption identifies it as "Taken from an advertising brochure....a very new private owner wagon...". Unfortunately I don't have a clue about wagons,  but someone else might be able to shed some light on it; else give the China Clay History Society (http://www.chinaclayhistory.org.uk/) a shout as they are the credit for this picture. A quick look on their site claims a photo archive of 100, 000 images - so it ought to there!

Happy searching

Steve W.

Hi Steve,

I emailed them this evening to we shall see what will happen. I'm off to St. Austell this summer for a week so I might pop in and have a look at their archive if they will let me.

Marc

One thing that has been bugging me about these wagons is the fact that St Breward never to my knowledge had a railway connection. The closest it go was Wenford Bridge, which is over 2 miles away.

Marc 

One thing that has been bugging me about these wagons is the fact that St Breward never to my knowledge had a railway connection. The closest it go was Wenford Bridge, which is over 2 miles away.

Marc 

In this region 2miles is like going from the lounge to to the kitchen for most of us; very sparsely inhabited and the clay workings were within the Parish of St. Breward. St. Breward itself has only about 200 dwellings, a lovely area (as long as you haven't got to make your living there and visit in good weather..) and, drifting well off topic and without a train in sight,  for inspiration take a look at this site: http://jackiefreemanphotography.com/st_breward.htm

Cheers

Steve W.

Archived