Battery replacement for Optivisor

Buhar

Not the sort of electrics normally found in this section but, in the absence of an Idiots Corner, here goes.

The LED on my Optivisor has packed in and I'm guessing new batteries are required, but I can't get in the housing!  I know there's a lot of versions around, I think I got mine from Hobby Holidays.  The manual is long lost.  To help identify it here's a couple of photos.  Advice and hints gratefully received.

post-7420-0-37108600-1453331186.jpg

post-7420-0-42972400-1453331215.jpg

Hi Michael, I tried that, but there are so many different models around I couldn't find this specific one.  As I bought it at Ally Pally, I was hoping someone else might have the same one.

On the face of it your photo looks identical to the Rolson magnifying visor I have.  IIRC there is a wee catch on the rear edge of the battery compartment which releases the lid.  I'll try to remember to have a look at mine when I get home, and maybe post a photo on here if it looks like it would help.

Here's the Rolson one on YouTube. It's similar but not exactly the same as yours. Scroll into about 2:50 and the guy opens the battery compartment by lifting it at the rear, a simple clip fit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eaRkIsDJDK4&autoplay=1

Optivisor is a brand name. I'm not sure that yours is one, at least not that I can find.

Archived