Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Help! glue damaged coach windows

Hello, I have been unable to find the answer to a problem created by my own clumsiness (and yes, I know there's a topic on RMWEB dedicated to this....!)

Whilst using superglue to fix the supplied screw couplings on one of my Bachmann coaches I have managed to get glue around one of the windows...

Although the glue was removed quickly the window has gone "frosty" around the edge - is there a solution to this?

I'm thinking Klear or Deluxe Materials "Glue n' Glaze"- or is there another alternative?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve).

Thanks Tony - I'll give that a try, - of course it would have to be my most expensive coach purchase to date that has sustained the damage... Sounds like a case of Mr Sod and his law being applied!!

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve).

Hope it works for you Steve. Photos below show the effect it had on my coach. The affected windows were not completely fogged but sufficiently so to appear milky.

8f2da82d-3467-4ca4-872e-5795168b4047_zps

2900928d-ec24-43bc-bd88-b32be70026a4_zps

Sharpness somewhat lost through zooming in but the effect is clear enough. The slight haze in the lower photo windows is a light reflection - they are completely clear.

Tony

I have used aircraft plexiglass cleaner successfully.  Don't know where you would get some in the UK but over here in the GWN you can pick it up at the small airports.  It includes a very fine abrasive as it is designed to remove small scratches.  Used an electronics cotton bud, which is a lot harder than the chemist Q-tip type, and is available with a "pointy" tip.  Slow, but not too slow 

If you can remove the errant pane (pain) you have no problems. Just use finishing paper; maybe start with 1200 on the frosted area and work down to 1500. T-cut on a rag/cotton bud will take all the scratches out and restore to original shiny condition.

I

Archived