Blog- Jamie's 1960s Southern Scotland - Resuming the rolling stock work

RSS Fetcher

Haven't had the time or inclination to work on the mechanical projects yet. Grabbed half-hours here and there lend themselves to the likes of paintwork not digging out soldering equipment, drills and messy stuff like that.

So, attention's been paid to the rolling stock again. My cheapo 90s-period Mk1s, a few having gone maroon-ish a while back have started to progress, with paint being applied to the roof (now de-ribbed) and to the window frames. The latter is an awful job - Exec dark grey needs primer before the maroon - and my brush-paint maroon ain't quite matching the bodysides. I might just live with it.

Still, quicker than the longer-term aim of building up the more appropriate Staniers. I've more-or-less enough to make up the basic fleet, though I kinda went overboard on BCKs when some more SK/BSK at a push would have been better choices. :icon_mutter:

Freight wise, there's a combination of Parkside vans of varying flavours being built - big thanks to the posters on my help thread on old RMWeb, these are all square - and some Bachmann stock getting varying degrees of paint flung at it.

A triple-set of Esso tankers, close enough to one of those shown in the background of this shot: Dumfries on Flickr, ready weathered by Bachmann came with a distinct blue tinge to them which I'm trying to remedy.

A couple more BR brakes are also getting the hairy end of the brush, as a fair few shots in Robotham's Branches & Byways show these being conveyed within Port Road trains to balance numbers - will make a brake from the norm, perhaps?

I'll get some images once they're worth posting, probably at the weekend.

View the full article

Archived