URL in Signature help

Hi 

In the edit signature window accessed via settings type Stowbury - BR Blue highlight the text and use the link button (looks a bit like a three link coupling) in the menu to add the url in the pop up box (or in fact cut and pasting the linked text i have included in this reply might also work) 

• RMweb Premium

Success, thanks for the replies.

Note for Mod4: Apologies, I should have mentioned that I was doing this on an iPad, which doesn't appear to give you the full editing whistles and bells as you would find on a Windows machine.

Regards

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Right, next question, then. I want to do the same thing to my thread as banger blue, viz. add url links. Where do I find the index number for my topics to type into that address format you gave??

Look in the address bar of the browser. This one is 108316:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108316-url-in-signature-help/

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for your help and speedy reply. Could you amplify where the browser with its address bar is? Sorry , I'm really thick.

It is usually at the top-left of the screen. You are probably using Internet Explorer browser, which looks like this:

post-1103-0-69594700-1458513250.png

Go to the topic you want, and then click on this bar. It should turn blue. Then click on it with the right mouse button, and select Copy.

You can then paste it into your signature.

regards,

Martin.

Archived