Heljan Class 26 detailing pack

I've been asked by a good pal of mine who has a 4mm Heljan 26 if I could apply the detailing pack. His main interest is Railway Photography not modelling. Now Its been a while since I touched a 4mm model as I've been into O gauge for a number of years but back in the day detailing a Bachmann model was fairly straightforward but not so now, ten years on.

Now looking at the Heljan 26 buffer beam bits I can't see too many problems however the fitment of the snowploughs looks a different matter. The end of these have two spigots that are meant to fit into the rear of the buffer beam but I can't make out any entry point into which these should be seated, The fact that the bogies restrict access to the rear of the buffer beam makes matters worse

Could any fellow forum colleague offer advice on how to overcome this particular issue

Finally I would be grateful  if anyone could direct me to an image of a Class 26 buffer beam layout

Regards

Bob

The bogie side frames should just pull away. Depending on which model you have the bufferbeam may just lever of with a flat blade (it locates with 2 pegs into the chassis but some later loco's had them glued on.

There are 2 recessess in the back of the beam for the ploughs to locate but they tend not to fit without trimming the ploughs down or widening the recesses.

The clearance is poor with the ploughs fitted and the bogie frames may need trimming or more off the now brittle plough mountings.

Good luck and don't swear too much.

The bogie side frames should just pull away. Depending on which model you have the bufferbeam may just lever of with a flat blade (it locates with 2 pegs into the chassis but some later loco's had them glued on.

There are 2 recessess in the back of the beam for the ploughs to locate but they tend not to fit without trimming the ploughs down or widening the recesses.

The clearance is poor with the ploughs fitted and the bogie frames may need trimming or more off the now brittle plough mountings.

Good luck and don't swear too much.

Thank you Andrew  for your very helpful and informative reply

Regards

Bob

Archived