N C C Powercab

Hi All. There I was with my new set up, The first Loco with sound, chuffing up and down nicely.

Then to my Horror, I looked at what I had done, I accidentally pushed the "Select Loco button".And every button that I had pushed was recorded, as a " Long Address", and try as I may, I am stuck with it??

Can anyone please tell me how do I clear that imaginary "Long Address". all the best Kevin

• RMweb Premium

You need to put the loco on your programming track and follow the process shown in the NCE manual for allocating a number to a loco.

You can also treat your whole layout as a programming track if it is the only loco you have or it is the only loco on the layout. However, this isn't a habit to adopt because you could end up renumbering a lot of locos if you fail to make sure you only have the one loco on the layout.

• RMweb Gold

Just by pressing the "Select loco" button wouldn't have done anything, it's just a button for you to select a different loco, it wouldn't have programed the decoder with another address.

If you press the RECALL button it should bring up the list of locos that have been used, or you could just press Select Loco and then type in the number of the loco again.

You can set this up as 2 or 6 I'm not too sure as I don't have the latest firmware.

But even if it's set as 2 you should be able to press the RECALL button and scroll through the last used loco addresses.

Now if you still can't control the loco then you will need to reprogram the loco with the address again as it might have changed to a different address if you pressed the PROG/ESC button by mistake.

If it's the only loco on the track:-

Press the PROG/ESC button then number 4 (its a short cut to the prgrm track)

Display will show "Use Program track"

Press ENTER

Display will now show:-   1.STD   2.CV  3.(??? can't remember)

Press 1

This will take you through the address and motor config set up, just follow the instructions and press either ENTER or Y, N or the number required.

Once finished just press PROG/ESC button which will take you back to the main start up display.

For the fun of it if you press then PROG/ESC button then 6 (short cut to the CAB set up parameters.)

Display shows:-  Set CAB Params?

Press Y

The first item is:- Show track Current?

Press Y 

Then press the PROG/ESC key to return to main menu.

Where the time was displayed it will now show the track current which gives an idea of how many locos you can run.

By the way this is all in the manual, so it makes me wonder how far you actually got in reading it :rtfm:  :mosking:

Cheers

Ian

Archived