TCS "Goof Proof" warranty

Argos

• RMweb Gold

I'd just like to put a shout out for TCS for standing by their "Goof Proof" warranty without a quibble.

I recently fried a KAT22 stay alive chip by fitting it to a motor with jambed gears, absolutely no fault of TCS's.

I returned the chip as described and was honest about the cause.

Today I received a new chip and replaced wiring harness, even though I cut the original harness to remove connections I had no intention of using.

It is a relief to know I didn't fry thirty odd quid along with the chip!

I'll second the bouquets for TCS.

They have replaced a few of mine over the years. A couple were due to unknown causes, one was faulty from the start, and one was fried due entirely to my own stupidity (wiring it the wrong way on a Black Beetle motor bogie). All cheerfully and promptly replaced without question. Like Argos, I was always honest about the causes (if known in the first place).

• 1 month later...

I'd just like to put a shout out for TCS for standing by their "Goof Proof" warranty without a quibble.

I recently fried a KAT22 stay alive chip by fitting it to a motor with jambed gears, absolutely no fault of TCS's.

I returned the chip as described and was honest about the cause.

Today I received a new chip and replaced wiring harness, even though I cut the original harness to remove connections I had no intention of using.

It is a relief to know I didn't fry thirty odd quid along with the chip!

Hi there, how does the warranty work for the uk- is it via their website or via dealer you bought them from, is proof of purchase needed - as just did something similar to 2 TCS decoders yesterday.

Thanks

Jon

It should be through the retailer you bought them from - you may need proof of purchase if they don't remember you. Failing that, I have dealt direct with TCS in the USA when I could not remember who I bought the decoders from (I tend to keep a stock of spares so it can be a while before I use an item).

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jon,

I registered mine via the TCS web site and then sent it back to them.

Postage was smidge over four quid but it was a large keep alive decoder.

It took a while for the replacement to arrive, but I got emails through the process (your decoder has arrived, your decoder is being examined etc....)

Archived