Hornby R3336 Flying Scotsman rededication 2015 model

robmcg

Dear All,

May I ask here whether anyone has had hands-on experience of the R3336 Flying Scotsman 2015 NRM rededication model?

Does it suffer from the ski-slope front running plate?

The pictures I have seen from Rails, Hattons, Kernows and Hornby are inconclusive, varying from definitely warped to not apparently warped.

Is it made in the same factory as Book Law and Minoru?

Perhaps the tooling and assembly has finally 'come right'?

Too many questions, but fair value from Hornby with member's club discount at UKP127...?

edit; I should point out, that is the Hornby price, less VAT., less 10% ,  and with free delivery to NZ.  

Cheers,

Here is the older version NRM Hornby R2441 model  compared to the new NRM Hornby R3336 A3 4472 model, the latter courtesy Rails of Sheffield ad,  

R2441 has a 107 A4 boiler and differently-placed warning flashes,  R3336 has a 94A boiler, otherwise I can see little difference. The latter has a distinct ski-ramp front running plate, observe the height of the front steps relative to the front wheel rim.

I apologise in advance if the use of the acknowledged Rails photo is not permitted. If removed I suggest using the Rails website and searching for R3336.

post-7929-0-76517700-1457395071_thumb.jpg

post-7929-0-86015300-1457395207_thumb.jpg

If nothing else this comparison shows the differences in LNER Apple green under the gaze of different cameras in very different lighting.

I am presuming that R2441 is by Sanda Kan, R3336 by Refined Industries.

Cheers 

Archived