Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

BBC Happy Valley Railway Locations

Having watched the excellent Happy Valley series on BBC which concluded last night, I was intrigued to see some disused coal drops/staithes alongside a narrow road bridge with an apparent still in use railway passing over. This location was used in one of the final dramatic scenes. If my memory serves me right, I'm sure this has been modelled in the past and also has been published in one of the hobbies magazines. I wonder where this location is and also if there was such a layout based upon it? Any ideas?

Having watched the excellent Happy Valley series on BBC which concluded last night, I was intrigued to see some disused coal drops/staithes alongside a narrow road bridge with an apparent still in use railway passing over. This location was used in one of the final dramatic scenes. If my memory serves me right, I'm sure this has been modelled in the past and also has been published in one of the hobbies magazines. I wonder where this location is and also if there was such a layout based upon it? Any ideas?

Sowerby Bridge, I think they actually mentioned it in the script.

Was the Class 66 in the station in a possession ? The only way filming would have been allowed.

There was a series of articles about various lines in the area in a late 1960s/early 1970s Model Railway News, IIRC, including photos and track-plans. I was a little disappointed that the person who had intended to end it all on the bridge parapet didn't change his mind, only to fall through the coal drops instead.

• RMweb Premium

The scene at the station had the 66 and those yellow wagons. There were some other bogie hopper wagons in the other platform which I think may have been autoballasters. The series is a must for many of us who are ex job and I used to work with Bob Bridgestock who is one of the police advisers to Sally Wainwright the author.

Jamie

Archived