Dapol Class 22 Help

d600

Hi I have purchased a Dapol oo scale class 22 and fitted a lenz silver 21+ decoder how can I change the cab lights at the moment there f1,f2 id like to change one end to f3 instead of f2 can anyone tell me how to do this prodigy express controller.

cheers

Hi D600,

Not sure this will help, but my experience might be of some use to you.

Oops, EDIT! My controller is ECoS 50200, so don't know how the following would apply to the Prodigy, sorry!

I too first tested my Dapol Class 22 with a Lenz, but 8pin, on an 8 to 21 adapter.

I do this on most new loco's as the Lenz gives good running, before I commit to (usually) a Zimo sound decoder.

The Zimo MX644D was purchased from Digitrains, and as there are no actual Class 22's left alive, they suggested a Hymec as being the nearest, and I'm happy with it.

This scenario was first found on a Heljan class 128 Motorised Parcel Van, but similarly happened on the Dapol Class 22

The Lenz did not do the job properly, and only allowed one end's cab light to come on, as did the Zimo MX644D when subsequently fitted.

I cannot lay claim to the answer to this, but Paul Chetter (as usual) put me on the right path.

Apparently the Lenz can only handle a few function outputs, and certainly not enough to make the cab-lights work independently, whereas the more advanced, but admittedly more expensive, Zimo Sound decoders can.

I have spent a happy afternoon today, furthering my own knowledge of both the Dapol and the Zimo by re-reading the tips by Paul, and have now got my Dapol 22 doing everything I want.

It now has independent cab lights which can switch on/off with F8 and F9 as per the Digitrains instruction sheet.

But even more exciting, by tweeting the CV's the cab lights are directional, with the headcode/marker lights, and best of all, the cab lights auto-extinguish when the loco sets off, - very prototypical!

2nd EDIT! Just a note to say that the Cab Lights on my Class 22 appear to be wired the wrong way round, which I only found out as I did the CV editing using an ESU decoder tester, (which I would advise everybody to do!)

I must say that the Dapol Class 22 is an excellent model, and really well thought out, with everything sorted for DCC installation! - IMHO!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alan.

Archived