Track Plan Amnesia 'plus'

JimF51

With apologies to IOSkeith for using his topic title, but it was so appropriate, though he recalled more than I do.

Sometime last year (I think), I saw a layout in a magazine, on which a narrowboat loading and unloading facility caught my eye. It was a sort of open building, not just a dock with crane or such.

It did not fit into my interest in pre-grouping SECR & LBSCR, which I am slowly working on in OO, hence my at the time only passing interest in the layout. However, still wanting do do something in N, I remembered seeing this layout, and wanted to check it out again as possible basis for a small layout.

As if facing the layout at a exhibition, the canal scene and coal at the front left, not sure if it extended across the front of the layout or not. Track curved in from the rear at both ends, on the lest, passing behind the canal area, so may have been a home layout. There was a through station, and a good facility, but that is about all I can recall. No clue as to the name, or rail line depicted.

It may be in a magazine older that a couple of years, as I do have a small stack back numbers, but those need digging out of the storage shed. I thought it was in RM, and have started through my digital back numbers, but could also be in the scattered issues of BRM I have, or even the very few issues of Hornby magazine.

This could be a total shot in the dark, but thank you for any replies.

Jim

Archived