ECoS 3 way point control

Deltic Man

Could anyone help me I use the ECoS system with lenz modules with peco point motors. I have a few 3 way points and I want to control them through the track plan function. I have wired them into the lenz unit individually but I can't seem to get the 3way to work am I missing something. Has anyone experience of this who could help have I wired them into the decoder right or do I need to do something different in the ECoS

Thanks in advance

Nik

Hi Nik,

I have recently added a 3 way point to my layout, and also have ECoS 50200, and some Lenz 150 accessory decoders, but am progressively changing from solenoids to servo movement of points.

My new 3 way point is activated by servos, but the principles for ECoS are exactly the same as solenoids. - Early in my layout construction I put three Peco Double Slips in, activated via the Lenz 150's and a mix of peco and guagemaster solenoids, and double slips work in exactly the same way as 3-way points on the ECoS.

The way to do this is to use 2 points with consecutive numbers, ie: 101 and 102.

When you allocate the 3-way symbol on the ECoS, give the first address as 101, and it will assume that 102 will be the second address, and all should work ok (says he, with fingers crossed!)

My three double-slips have worked faultlessly for 3 years now, but I am about to swap the operation to servo, as I have begun to loathe the clunk that you get from solenoids, and much prefer the precision and slow-motion attributes of servo operation.

Hope this helps, and feel free to question my answer, if it still baffles you, I know from first-hand experience that all things DCC are not always how the instruction manuals portray them!

Regards,

Alan.

Archived