BR long wheelbase V-A van drawings

I have some of the old Hornby VAA vans I want to upgrade, and need to find some drawing to work from. I am especially after any drawings of the underframes of these types of wagons. So if anybody knows of drawings of these types of wagons, or the timber wagons converted from them, that show the underframes, if you can help?

Ps-the BR general arrangement drawings on the barrowmore site are not very useful for the underframes.

I have some of the old Hornby VAA vans I want to upgrade, and need to find some drawing to work from. I am especially after any drawings of the underframes of these types of wagons. So if anybody knows of drawings of these types of wagons, or the timber wagons converted from them, that show the underframes, if you can help?

Ps-the BR general arrangement drawings on the barrowmore site are not very useful for the underframes.

The Hornby vehicle is supposed to be a VDA, but is rather narrow, and seems to have an extractor fan on the roof. Appleby used to do an underframe kit, but I suspect that's not been available for aeons. I did do some plastic solebars, with the prominent brackets and the 'fishbelly'- I used a BR Weight Diagram for the leading dimensions, then scaled the rest off photos. I've not seen any published drawings.

Archived