00 Gauge Car Park Stencils

Has anyone purchased car park stencil from 'Model Railway Scenery'  these were used by Phil Parker on the BRM Spring 2016 dvd.

I purchased a set of Road Marking stencils from them but there is no car park stencil. in the set, I have searched their site and the 'Scale Model Scenery' site but there is no sign of the stencil anywhere.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Michael

Michael,

I can'e help with your search for proprietary stencils but what markings are you looking for?  If you just want a set of parallel white lines, they are easy to do by using two strips of masking tape (very securely pressed down) with a suitable gap between them and a couple of pieces to determine the length you require; then apply white paint over the gap.  I did this for my multi-storey car park (don't seem to have a photo) and also cut my own stencil (from paper) for a direction arrow.  Using white acrylic paint, I found the results to be very good.  Instead of using masking tape for the straight lines, you could cut your own stencil from paper - or thin card.

Harold.

HLT 0109, on 21 Apr 2016 - 22:29, said:

Michael,

I can'e help with your search for proprietary stencils but what markings are you looking for?  If you just want a set of parallel white lines, they are easy to do by using two strips of masking tape (very securely pressed down) with a suitable gap between them and a couple of pieces to determine the length you require; then apply white paint over the gap.  I did this for my multi-storey car park (don't seem to have a photo) and also cut my own stencil (from paper) for a direction arrow.  Using white acrylic paint, I found the results to be very good.  Instead of using masking tape for the straight lines, you could cut your own stencil from paper - or thin card.

Harold.

Hello Harold,

Thanks for your reply, the markings I wanted are just normal car park bay markings, after a phone call to Justin at 'Model Railway Scenery'  the stencil is now ordered.

Archived