Blog- Jamie's 1960s Southern Scotland - less words, more action

Well a few things to note this week, in addition to Thursday's link additions.

I've resolved the bogie mounting details of the 101, bit heath-robinson but will be fine. More on that later, 'cos it's a bit slow and repetitive and I've not had time to do more than the prototype trial bogie yet.

Using bits bought at the SECC I've finally got an LMS van in the wagon fleet. Need about half a dozen more to address the balance and may be pressed either to use evil-bay or buy new to get more.

blogentry-6670-126798207336_thumb.jpg

£3 from the 'used and abused' section of a stand at the show, the chassis didn't make it out the hall before being binned (one remaining buffer and one tension lock had ensured the low price). Replace with a Parkside LMS fitted underframe (in this case the non-J hanger version, mainly cos I had one) and replace the roof vents and I'm very pleased with the general look of it. The BR van got the weathering reworked as it had been left pretty half-assed tbh!

More wagonry on the horizon, with three vans, high and low fits and a Parkside mineral. I recall having a mini-rant last time I attempted one of the latter kits. Can't imagine why, it fell together in about 20min this time - I must be learning. These are all in the early days of being painted, and I'll note here when these appear in the gallery section.

While I'm on, have a shifty at Robert Carroll's flickr pages. Upcoming (OMWB) 45161 is seen here without the shiny smokebox. There's also suburban Glaswegian treats for the likes of Bob 65B: http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertcwp/3872095342/

View the full article

Archived