Information needed on the Wisbech and Upwell tramway

Can anyone help, i am after track plans of any part of the wisbech and upwell tramway along with any photographs of the line. I am interested in building a small shunting layout and this prototype seems to tick all the boxes. Also any information on the type of traffic carried would be most helpful 

Cheers

Scott

I have two books on the Wisbech and Upwell: The Wisbech and Upwell Tramway by E.J.S. Gadsden, C.F.D. Whetmath and J. Stafford-Baker published by Town & Country Press, and The Wisbech and Upwell Tramway Centenary Album by Andrew C Ingram published by Becknell Books ISBN 0907087205.  I have had these a long time so they could well be out of print.

This line always fascinated me as it criss-crossed the A1101 although only once did I see a train on it, by then diesel-hauled.  The line may still be traced on places if you know what to look for.

Chris Turnbull

Can anyone help, i am after track plans of any part of the wisbech and upwell tramway along with any photographs of the line. I am interested in building a small shunting layout and this prototype seems to tick all the boxes. Also any information on the type of traffic carried would be most helpful 

Cheers

Scott

Fortunately, there are 25 inch maps of that area from the turn of the century (19th/20th), which means that you can follow the entire line from the maps and see most of the loops/sidings/passing places from this page -

http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/sidebyside.cfm#zoom=18&lat=52.6003&lon=0.2245&layers=168&right=BingHyb

Archived