GCR Classes 11B to 11D - driving wheels for 7mm models

Western Star

There have been some nice kits for these engines in 7mm scale and we have a couple in the "to do" pile. With the summer around the corner we thought that building an 11B and an 11E would be a good thing... except that we have stumbled at the first step, that is getting a definite position on the placing of the crank pin relative to the spokes.   I posed a question on the UK Prototype forum, here:-

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/111366-details-of-wheels-for-gcr-classes-11b-c-d-e-f/

where the answer looks very much like PB is required and that gives me a headache.  The Slater's wheel for these engines is shown as PB in the list and comes as IL - I have spoken to David White and there is no packaging error here...  the Slater's web-site listing appears to be not correct in regard to the crank pin location.  If the Slater's range offers only IL for the required wheel diameter / no. of spokes then what does the team think are possible routes to obtaining a wheel of the correct specification?

thank you, Graham

Archived