Didcot diesel gala this weekend

rogerzilla

Anyone going?  They have a Class 33 and a "Peak" already arrived, Class 52 Western Champion, a Class 03 along with their own stuff (a Class 08, a Teddy Bear, a Hunslet and the GWR railcar).

They *might* get a Class 37, a Class 66 (well, there are usually five or six of them hanging around Didcot Parkway) and a couple of HST power cars.

They could capture a Class 66 just by nipping out and changing the points.

The same might work for an HST, except that I'm not sure an 8-car train would fit into the sidings and you'd have to do something about all those angry passengers.

• RMweb Gold

They could capture a Class 66 just by nipping out and changing the points.

The same might work for an HST, except that I'm not sure an 8-car train would fit into the sidings and you'd have to do something about all those angry passengers.

Well they could boost the Beer festival takings.

• RMweb Gold

Current line-up stands as:

Class 03 - D2120

Class 33 - 33035

Class 46 - D182

Class 56 - 56098

Class 66 - 

Class 165 - 

Plus the home-fleet of the Diesel Railcar, Hunslet, Class 08 and Class 14

Also, the ticket price has been dropped: https://twitter.com/DidcotRailwayC/status/735446430593191936

Regards,

Matt

Tempting, very tempting......even though I was only there last month for 22 and D9516

Up to date list on Farcebook today, posted by GWR Pannier Tank 3650 (I'm not making this up!):

Setting up for the Didcot Railway Centre Diesel Gala.
Loco's 56098 (UK Rail Leasing), D182 (Peak Locomotive Company), 33035 (Pioneer Diesel Locomotive Group), D2120 (Courtesy of Sir William McAlpine), 08742 (DB Cargo) plus the home fleet.
Still expected is a DB Cargo 66 (hopefully a red one, but static display only) and a GWR green turbo.
Unfortunately the DBC 08 has only just been repaired in time but still requires a "C" exam so is static display only.
Black Python bar open each day serving a selection of Real Ales!

With the problems we've had this week with some owners cancelling at short notice, we would like to thank all the various operating companies and other owners for their 11th hour assistance in bolstering the shortfall.
Please share!

I would have liked a Class 50 but you can't have everything.

Archived