D3255

Nice photos Robin, it wasn't until recently that I knew it was there, a friend of mine in the Yorkshire Wolds Railway had some pics on his phone after doing a delivery and was quite surprised to see an 08 on a farm. Looks like the owner(s)have some serious work ahead.

Rob

There doesn't appear to be any wiring or air pipes on it at all,massive restoration job

A nice blank canvas. She looks straight, all panels look flat and not rotten. Just a lot of surface rust but no holes. In the last pic you can just make out some ballast and round the corner of the new work shops there is a piece of track with room for a couple more panels of track so they have bigger plan ?

She is at this companies site and I think they know what there doing http://www.tws-fabrication.co.uk/index.html

• RMweb Gold

Body wise it looks absolutely fine, though 350s are built from much thicker plate than mainline diesels. Mind I noticed one on the North Norfolk that had some pretty serious for in the lower cab sides. Not a massive job to sort though, the 25 there now is pretty rotten as is the 31

Archived