RMweb

Z21 Loconet T-B

redpiperbob

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Bob contacted me off-forum to ask for a diagram. Here's the most basic variant:

LN-t_to_LN-B.jpeg

This diagram assumes the Roco X-BUS connectors have working C&D wiring, something I haven't been able to establish beyond doubt on my Z21. I believe it is, but as I haven't used them as such I'm not sure. Mind, the Z21 has an internal common connection between the GND (or negatives) of both the X-BUS and the L-Net socket, so strictly speaking you won't need to include these. Both diodes are 1Amp Schottky types, more then sufficient for the power requirements of the L-Net bus. Both resistors are 390 Ohm and need to be 1/2 Watt type.

Although it's likely to work, this may damage your Z21 and/or other devices as it may not completely comply to the X-BUS and/or L-Net spec's. Using this circuit is entirely your responsibility (covering my @rse here! :P )

HTH!

PS: if it doesn't work, I have an idea of a solution, but that's much more complicated as it involves a number of chips. Not of the potato variant, mind :jester:

Hi,

Did you ever get around to testing this interface - or has anyone else?

I need something like this to make LN-B available from my Z21 to allow the use of a DTM30 for a mimic control panel.

Are there any other solutions out there that will make the the LN-T onnthe Z21 into the required LN-B?

Many thanks

Iain

Edited by WIMorrison