South Tynedale Railway

zarniwhoop

• RMweb Premium

This year I managed two trips to Alston at the August Bank Holiday weekend. It still takes me a long time to sort out the pics in my "digital darkroom", (insert ritual denegration of barrel distortion in olympus raw files with wide-angle lenses here), but these are now released into the wild.

Had a server error trying to attach an example, so you'll have to go to http://galleryken.fotopic.net/c1771288.html to see them. Pics taken on 2 days, but the only loco I saw was Helen Kathryn.

Standard disclaimer (I can't remember if I've said this on rmweb, apologies if I'm repeating myself) - I try to take pics for the modeller, so some of these have a lot of manipulation to bring out detail and to try to correct rotations and perspective-distortion, and I sometimes take a lot of "scenery" views. These images are published under a Creative Commons license.

??en

• RMweb Gold

Nice pictures of a thoroughly smashing little line! Thanks for sharing them!

Inded. I've always liked this line!

I find it interesting that they have made use of the conventional platforms (although these look quite low anyway) The line was in the 'modeller' quite recently- Kirkhaugh in particular looks quite modellable.

Archived