Digikeijs 4024 Servo Decoder - can I connect LEDs directly

bigal10

I have just received a pair of Digikeijs DR4024 servo decoders, direct from Holland, next day postage, brilliant!

Having just done a test set-up, using my ESU ECoS 50200, and 4 different servo types, - cheapo HK analog and digital, and some TowerPro analog and digital, I am thrilled by the results!

Just what I was hoping for, no twitching whilst holding position, and no jerky startup on power on!

A bit awkward to get the hang of programming (but that applies to all accessory decoders, doesn't it? Hence a test set-up above the baseboard, before committing to screwing things underneath!)

Can anyone advise, can I attach LEDs directly to the output switches, or do I need resistors, as with most other LED situations?

As yet, I haven't managed to program the switches to work either with the servos, or independently, but a bit more Faffage tomorrow should sort that out.!

So far very impressed, and at €25 per unit, very good value. ESU take note!

Cheers,

Alan.

Alan

You need resistors for the LEDs.

CV47=0 gives you four consecutive servo addresses followed by four consecutive switch output addresses, CV47=1 makes the switch outputs operate with the four servos.

Thanks Suzie,

I had read that in the manual, just hadn't actually done it yet, - job for tomorrow!

Thanks for the reply, will let the world know how I get on,

Regards,

Alan.

Archived