Latest Rapido News - FIVE(ish) New Products

Thanks for the update Jason, I love when companies actually communicate with their target market like this. Can you advise on which UK dealers we would be able to order Rapido products from. I know there are UK outline products available, would these same vendors be the people to go to for US based stuff?

Thanks for the update Jason, I love when companies actually communicate with their target market like this. Can you advise on which UK dealers we would be able to order Rapido products from. I know there are UK outline products available, would these same vendors be the people to go to for US based stuff?

Honestly? The best place to get our North American products is our web site. When ordering, select "USA and REST OF WORLD" as your ordering option from each product page.

We drop ship to the UK about once every month so we pay the duties and VAT. 

Shipping is very reasonable.

That would be your easiest option.

-Jason

(I should add that local delivery is by ParcelFarce rather than an international courier company - you really don't pay anything when it arrives.)

How cute! :)

Just makes ya want to give it a hug, doesn't it?

Fishbowls have a special place in my memory...the unique sound of the 6-71 engine is the first thing.  I rode some of the early ones that had manual transmission (in New Jersey/New York commuter service!)...the old timers would use the clutch to get the bus moving and then run up and down thru the gears without the clutch.  It was like a ballet...the 3 foot long shift lever a bit behind and to right of the driver; they'd reach back for it and literally with their fingertips shift gears as smooth and as quiet as an automatic gearbox.  They'd take it out of gear and match revs perfectly for the gears to slip into mesh without the slightest grunch.  The younger drivers, not used to the beasts, would use the clutch at every shift and grunch the gears every time.  And when they did that, the 35 foot long shift rods would rattle against the interior floor RAT-A-TAT-TAT.  I doubt most riders appreciated the older drivers or even noticed the difference...

Archived