Hornby BR Mk1 Suburban coaches

worzel

Hi 

Could anyone be kind enough to help me out here   

About 2 or 3 years ago I remember visiting the Hornby stand at Ally Pally and seeing    models of the above      I now am looking to upgrade from the Bachmann models     but I can't find any trace     was I dreaming ?   R numbers for the above would be very much appreciated   thanks  in anticipation   jim

Unless I have completely missed an announcement, it's most likely you were looking at the LMS non-gangwayed that Hornby have now released. Functionally the same vehicle as the 57' BR mk1 non-gangwayed; different in constructional detail.

The Bach mk 1 non-gangwayed while dated is much improved by flush glazing, a relatively cheap upgrade. Underframe replacement wouldn't be too challenging or expensive either, and you would then have something much better in appearance.

No I mean the non corridor  57'  suburban  type

To clarify, Hornby did not announce that they were producing BR Mk 1 57 ft suburban coaches, nor have they produced this type. What they did announce 2 years ago were LMS Stanier designed period 3 57 ft suburban coaches, produced in the early to mid 1930s. These were produced last year in LMS and BR crimson liveries and have been released with new numbers this year in BR Maroon and LMS liveries. This years releases came to the shops a couple of months ago and are still available. the Hornby numbers are:

LMS livery:

R4656A  LMS livery 57 ft composite

R4657A  LMS livery 57 ft third

R4677B  LMS livery 57ft third brake

R4677C  LMS livery third brake

BR livery

R4689  BR Maroon 57ft composite

R4690  BR Maroon 57ft second

R4691  BR Maroon 57ft second brake

R4691A BR Maroon 57ft second brake

The versions from last year may still be available, as they were being discounted earlier this year they were: LMS - R4656, R4657, R4677, R4677A  and BR Crimson -R4658, R4659, R4678 and R4678A

Worth mentioning that Replica did/do produce the longer variant of the Mk1 Suburban, which may also be of interest.

John.

The ready-built ones are currently shown as 'out-of-stock', but the bodies and underframe components are apparently available. http://www.replicarailways.co.uk/ready-to-run-items/ready-to-run links to the complete vehicles; 'spares' on the Tool Bar takes you to the various components.

The ready-built ones are currently shown as 'out-of-stock', but the bodies and underframe components are apparently available. http://www.replicarailways.co.uk/ready-to-run-items/ready-to-run links to the complete vehicles; 'spares' on the Tool Bar takes you to the various components.

They regularly have the bodies and other bits at shows, best place to pick them up usually.

Archived