N7 Push-Pull Gear

I am modelling N7 69696 which operated in the Leeds area for a few years in the 1950s.

I have found a couple of photos which show the left hand side of the loco, however cannot find any photos of the right hand side in the same period.

The best photo I have found clearly shows the push-pull gear present on the left side of the smoke box - was there a similar installation on the right hand side?

I have found photos of the right hand side of other locos including 69695 which show the push-pull gear on the right hand side, but cannot find photos of the left hand side of the same loco at close to the same date.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTgzWDE2MDA=/z/Mt8AAOSwvg9XWr~F/$_57.JPG

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Canada

Rang a bell. Saw this a couple of days ago, where it erroneously stated at Hatfield (which is a long way from stone block country).

It'll be expired by the time you pick this up, but you can always message the seller!

The Nim.

Hi Nim,

Many thanks - that is perfect! Unless the PP gear changed sides in the intermediate 2 years it would appear to have been on both sides.

69696 was allocated to West Riding sheds from June '54 until September '56 and at Norwich Thorpe prior to that period.

The photo does look like it is in the West Riding but i do not recognize the location.

Steve

Good morning all

There are pics of N7s with push-pull gear in Yeadon's register vol 27. However not 69696.

Yeadon states that the four N7s fitted in 1951 (69651, 69691, 69695, and 69696) were fitted with an improved control system with a second vacuum cylinder on RHS. There is a pic of the RHS of 69695.

Earlswood nob

PS 69696 was at Hatfield 1959-1961

Archived